[MD] on the radio

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 1 09:37:36 PST 2006

Ian glendinning said to dmb:
Please however don't dismiss the issues David M helped me expose, just
because that e-mail requires clarification. It was just a place-holder for
me to come back to the issues. Drivel in form, but not content. Ask away.

dmb says:
Drivel in form but not in content? Oh, for Pete's sake. Now you're defending
drivel with more drivel AND you're evading the one and only question i
asked. Why would I bother to "ask away" when you didn't even pretend to
answer the orignal question? Again, what are you trying to say? You don't
even have to defend your "sentence". Just try to say something intelligible
about what you meant here. If you can't make sense of it, then nobody can...

Ian previously said:
...What Pirsig brings to this is the emphasis on the levels and the
dynamism, and effectively warns against reification - treating "objects"
that inhabit your current level as necessarily the most significant
realities to worry about when you're looking to understand cause and effect
- the qualitative, zen, recursive interplay of "emergent arising".