[MD] Free Speech

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Sat Dec 2 20:00:42 PST 2006

[Platt on "nigger", "spic", "kike" and "cracker" as words for Dynamic growth]
I don't know, but I wouldn't rule it out as you want to do. If you read Pirsig
would know that DQ is neither definable nor predictable. It resists static
views like yours as to what will and what won't usher in growth.

[Arlo]
Well, I'll take your word for it that these words hold potential Dynamic value
for you.

[Arlo previously]
You have the right to say whatever you want. But that doesn't make it
"intellectual".

[Platt]
And what you say is "intellectual" doesn't make it so.

[Arlo]
Not "what I say", patterns the Academy has established over hundreds of years.

[Platt]
You sound just like a Pope defending the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church.
But, of course, being inside the academic club, you cannot see its stifling
static patterns.

[Arlo]
Yes, we need relativism and Party-declared Truth to set us free. We need to
abolish intellectual standards in favor of political relativism. What's next?
"You're not allowed to fail Nazi's for their views?"

[Platt]
Now it's the left-wing assaulting academic freedom -- the reason for the policy
changes at Temple and Penn State.

[Arlo]
You sould just like a Joseph Goebbels defending Nazi Germany's condemnation of
the Academy. (See, two can play that game.) But of course, being inside the
Party, you cannot see its stifling static patterns.

As for the policy changes, they are the result of right-wing bullying tactics.
Nothing more. Go intellect!

And the result is the demolishing of academic standards, of intellect's
dominance over social patterns, all in the guise of political relativism and
Party Ideology. A sad day for the Academy. But a good day for Truth-by-Party
Decree!