[MD] Quantum Physics

Ant McWatt antmcwatt at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Dec 3 06:49:37 PST 2006

Ant said to David M:

>Parts of this paragraph seem rather obscure to me.  For a start, how can
>the “possible” which doesn’t exist (yet), interact with the “actual” which
>does exist?

dmb commented about David's M occasionally obscure rhetoric, December 2nd:

>In a pervious conversation - that's right, I said "pervious" - I learned
>that David M supports the notion that God is "the condition of
>possibility". He's putting an abstract theism or some kind of Absolute
>Idealism into his quatum physics, apparently.

Ant comments:

I think Richard Feynman (who received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1965)
once said that - at best -only about ten people understood the Theory of
Relativity but _no one_ understood quantum physics.  Possibly that was an
exaggeration but it obviously helps if people are as clear as possible when
they are trying to relate it to the MOQ.  Hence, my recent suggestion of
John D. Barrow (the astronomy guy at Cambridge) whose writing on modern
physics (and spirituality) is clear _and_ plausible.

Best wishes,

Anthony

.