[MD] Quantum Physics

PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com
Sun Dec 3 18:00:43 PST 2006

Hi Dan, All,

I looked back in ZMM to find this;
“I talked about Phædrus' lateral drift, which ended with entry into
the discipline of philosophy. He saw philosophy as the highest echelon
of the entire hierarchy of knowledge. Among philosophers this is so
widely believed it's almost a platitude, but for him it's a
revelation. He discovered that the science he'd once thought of as the
whole world of knowledge is only a branch of philosophy, which is far
broader and far more general. The questions he had asked about
infinite hypotheses hadn't been of interest to science because they
weren't scientific questions. Science cannot study scientific method
without getting into a bootstrap problem that destroys the validity of
its answers. The questions he'd asked were at a higher level than
science goes. And so Phædrus found in philosophy a natural
continuation of the question that brought him to science in the first
place, What does it all mean? What's the purpose of all this?”

“A higher level than science goes?”

I think what he is saying here is what he was saying earlier. Quantum
mechanics need the Quality of philosophy in order to bring the
findings, the higher level of intellect into the lower level of
society. If you do not separate science and religion as we do in the
West, maybe the philosophers can see the artistic or spiritual side of
what qm tells us.

As also said in ZMM; “ Normally when you have a new idea to present in
an academic environment you're supposed to be objective and
disinterested in it. But this idea of Quality took issue with that
very supposition...of objectivity and disinterestedness. These were
mannerisms appropriate only to dualistic reason. Dualistic excellence
is achieved by objectivity, but creative excellence is not.”

A new view, a creative view over the static intellect is needed to
bring to light what quantum physics brings us. The intellect is the
highest level, but this does not mean we stick to the imitative poetry
of scientific method that worked prior to qm.

Chin