[MD] Kant's Motorcycle

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 12:05:23 PST 2006

     [Case]
> Kant was talking about something else though. He was
> saying that something
> in our organic structure causes us to organize our
> sensations in particular
> ways.

     Case, Kant also says that practical reason is the
only one of use, but he does mention there is
theoretical reason.
     "Moreover what Kant clarified was that despite
such a transcendental character of pure reason, as
long as it is used theoretically, metaphysical ideas
may be speculated about but their validity cannot be
recognized.  Only when pure reason is being used
practically is it possible to recognize the validity
of metaphysical ideas through moral faith.  Kant
established the possibility of metaphysical knowledge
not by employing theoretical reason concerned with
objects in external nature, but only by appealing to
reason in its practical use.  Such practical use turns
pure reason deeply within and roots Subjective moral
determination in one's own will."  ("Zen and Western
Thought"; Masao Abe)

     You wanted to know more about Kant.

woods,
SA