[MD] Quantum Physics

David M davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 12:31:34 PST 2006

Hi Ham

Short of time at the moment, my view is that your criticisms are
entirely off target as I don't hold these views your attribute to me.

In particular, you said:

And now we have David urging us into New Age mysticism by
> speculating that "all possibles become actual in different worlds to
> retain
> determinism."

The many worlds theory is a well know scientific theory
and in fact I was pointing out that it seems to be suggested simply
as a misguided attempt to hang on to determinism. And of course
science is just one of our best ways of understanding SQ it
obviously is not ontology or a phenomenology and we
will always need to understand science in the context of how we
understand experience, seeing how the two fit together is a key
intellectual activity in my book. Your panic attack about scientism
is entirely unnecessary regarding my views I can assure you.
Try re-reading my previous post with less anxiety that I may
be some kind of un-reconstructed materialist. That wouldn't
mkae sense based on all my other posts now would it?