[MD] Quantum Physics

PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com
Mon Dec 4 15:55:49 PST 2006

 >     [Chin]
> > I couldn?t speak for the professor, but I doubt qp
> > is understood
> > satisfactorily by anyone other than the physicists
> > and possibly many
> > or even a majority of professors who might accept
> > quantum mechanics as
> > all there is to quantum physics.
>
>  (SA) Your perspective seems to be 'what is dq and what
> is sq' is based on if society has accepted it or not.
> So, would a society of qp professors notice qp as a
> static pattern, maybe some it, or not a lot of it.
> Thus, does dq come down to who knows it and who
> doesn't, therefore, perspective of a person states
> whether 'something' is dq or not?

Chin -- It would come down to whether it is accepted or not. In the
analogy of a society of professors, it would depend on whether it was
the latest theory that was considered most factual.

>     [Chin]
> > If it were accepted by society, then it becomes SQ.
>

>     Here's the society perspective you mention.
>
>     [Chin]
> > ...I feel I can safely say that which offers the
> > potential to change the
> > way society looks at things, as you say
> > ?Perspective,? would be DQ.
>
>     Your basing what dq is or not, on what societies
> perspective is?

Chin -- Yes, for society (on that scale) once it is accepted it
becomes sq.

>     [Chin]
> > Under this view, Ham?s Essence would be considered
> > DQ. It doesn?t do
> > anything for me, but obviously it has become an
> > immortal principle to
> > him. Who?s to say who?s right? I personally like the
> > Gravity Theory,
> > possibly due to my ignorance, or ?Tenth Grade?
> > mentality.
>

> (SA)     So, your saying it has to do with 'preference',
> as in "I personally like..."?

Chin -- Yes. I might see Gravity Theory as DQ, as it appears to me to
be the most likely theory of creation, and if my perspective of
Gravity Theory changed to the point I thought it was ‘The’ creation
theory, then it would become sq to me.

>     [Chin]
> > MOQ is still DQ.  Either one would still be
> considered DQ, as you
> > say, it has not
> > managed a SQ latch, or society as we know it has not
> > accepted either
> > as fact or the latest theory.

>(SA)    Society perspective?  I'm not quite sure about
> this basis for what dq is or not.  I just simply say
> dq has no definition, and leave it at that.  I'm not
> going to state whether something is more new or less
> new and base that decision on whether 'something' has
> more or less dq or any dq, etc...

Chin -- I am not trying to define, but simply use examples to show how
DQ might become sq. Once we considered what we viewed as DQ, an idea
worth considering became accepted as fact or the latest theory that
would change the way we viewed something, such as MOQ or quantum
physics proved more believable than SOM, then MOQ and/or quantum
physics would then become sq, whether personally or as a society.

>     [Chin]
> > I think you are saying our own personal SQ can
> > override the society or
> > culture we happen to be in, and what might look like
> > DQ when
> > considering the culture would be SQ to us. I agree.
>
>(SA) What I'm saying if we follow the 'what is more or
> less new' path, then yes it would lead to such
> conclusions you've just stated here.  Yet, I simple
> state dq is undefined, and leave it at that, not:
> 'what is more or less new'.  That is defining, that is
> sq.
Chin -- It would not necessarily be more or less ‘New” per se, but
more or less dynamic, but generally what would be new thinking would
be dynamic where our old way of looking at things might become
questionable. Once what we believed is replaced by a new belief, the
new belief would no longer be dynamic, it would become static. The old
static way of looking at things, say SOM would no longer be in the
picture, or considered inadequate. The best analogy of this on the
personal level would be the old song you had forgotten about, then
heard it one day and loved it so much you ran out and bought the
record -- it had DQ. Then you started playing it for all your friends
until the new feeling you got from the old song was lost -- then it
went back into the sq slot.

Maybe it would help if I said that on a personal level society might
influence, but does not determine DQ or sq.

>     [Chin]
> > Maybe I am too simple, but I don?t have any
> > difficulties (in my own
> > mind) understanding MOQ or quantum physics, or at
> > least what it says
> > to me. So it might be said MOQ and qp are sq in my
> > own personal little
> > world.
>
>(SA) I don't want to veer you away from your true
> self.

Chin -- Thanks. I’m still working on finding my true self. I wonder if
anyone is capable of doing so.

> woods,
> SA

BTW, I do share your views on nature. My pilgrimage would be a trip to
any small creek isolated from the noise of the city. It is the
atmosphere I am most comfortable in finding my true self and stripping
away some of the sq that has managed to latch, and the false self
starts trying to take over.

You think the self-reflection in Buddhism and Pirsig’s might be close?
You think Pirsig found his true self or may have lost himself once he
started answering the questions asked of him on Quality?

You think it possible we may lose our self more than gain it when we
enter into discussions?

You don’t have to answer any of this. I’m just thinking to myself. ;o)

Chin