[MD] freedom is for the rich

David M davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 11:04:28 PST 2006

Hi Platt

>From each according to their ability, to each according to their need?

Think how dynamic this really is. And is it not just saying let's
try to live as a big family rather than as competing strangers?

Do we not support children's needs until they can support
themselves?

If we invest in those who's needs are not being met maybe
we can sustain and improve their productive abilities.

Having more than you need, is that not where excess starts?

Does some excess have benefits, in terms of motivation,
in increasing overall production? Sure.

But is there excess excess?

What disctribution maximises sustainable production and
the greatest individual flourishing?

Regards
David M