[MD] Kant's Motorcycle

Case Case at iSpots.com
Thu Dec 7 06:40:33 PST 2006

David,

This is not how I see objective. I think objectivity mean agreement between
multiple subjects. It is common features and the shared experience that make
something objective. In another sense, science seeks to find this level of
commonality by looking for properties that hold from any perspective. This
does not render other perspectives invalid. This is how values attach to
facts. This is what makes science metaphysical in the sense of finding ideas
that apply in many situations. It is called beauty in the philosophy of
science. Evolution is a beautiful theory because it applies to so many
situations from physics to psychology. Relativity is beautiful because it
explains so many things so simply.

Case

-----Original Message-----
From: moq_discuss-bounces at moqtalk.org
[mailto:moq_discuss-bounces at moqtalk.org] On Behalf Of David M
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:14 PM
To: moq_discuss at moqtalk.org
Subject: Re: [MD] Kant's Motorcycle

Hi Case

Yet there is only access to this stance via
the abstraction of our given stances
and imagining a larger perspective, but
full objectivity means full detachment, and
then you would be nothing and know nothing
and be empty of any values. This is the dilemma SOM hits.
So we should always
see our rationalisations as grounded in our values
and experience from which they are abstracted.

David M