[MD] Fw: U.S. Values: the Jones

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 08:34:07 PST 2006

[David]
> > Hi Khaled
> >
> > But what about when we disagree about what is
good?
> > Say we all have a share of a boat that we use
together,
> > shall we go fishing or sight seeing?

     [Khaled]
They are both good. It's time management we are
talking about.
1. We can have a schedule as to can take the boat out.
2. we can both go out. One fishes, the other enjoys
the scenery while
discussing the MOQ.
3. I can show my generosity, and let you have the boat
and go do
something else.
See, the point here is that we both reach a Quality
friendship that we
can work it out.
Let me ask you this. If it's you and your 12 year old
son, say, he wants
to go fishing and you want to go sightseeing. How do
you work that one out.
Or it's a parent or an uncle who have gotten on in
age, and they like to
do something, how do you go about it.
The balance and harmony has to be reached ( Yes I know
I am dreaming of
Utopia) that solving such a thing is no brainer.
You give because you want to and you are so content
that you want
absolutely nothing in return. Just a thank you

----------------

     Of course, I know you realize this, what I'm
about to say, for you did mention Utopia.  The girls
where I work, can't decide very well on what to play
in gym, as a team.  Decisions, if given to them, are
usually missed opportunities, such as 'Do you want to
go to the movie theater, since you earned, or do you
want to stay back?'  Sometimes it's a 'I want to stay
back', but if we make them go, they have fun.  Going
to the movie theater, leaving the campus, is not
something they do usually, if they have the privilege,
maybe 3-4 times a month.  You've got to make decisions
for them at times.  Yet, this is the discipline side,
where the other side is the therapeutic.  These two
sides are in a constant struggle.  The disciplinary
side in the administration is the supervisors with the
head of the supervisors, which the latter resides in
the administration building.  The therapeutic side are
the therapists.  The policies on campus come from both
of these sides.  They struggle with each other, or are
in complete agreement and sometimes one side is able
to get a policy enacted in spite of what the other
side might say.  Right now, we are having a wave of
more therapeutic policies moving across campus.  How
these play out depends on the level of defiance and
misbehavior of the residents.  If this level
increases, then the disciplinarians will step in, and
I've seen waves of disciplinary policies - they come
down with the hammer.

fine snow fallin' now,
SA