[MD] The MOQ's First Principle

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 9 15:00:37 PST 2006

Arlo said to dmb:
..The MOQ gives us the breaks where a new level was able to emerge from the
complexity on the previous level. I'm not suggesting that the continuum is
"smooth" from quarks to Quantum Physics. Only that _in addition_ to the
emergentist "jumps" from one level to a completely new level, each level in
and of itself consists of a continuum... and that sometimes the gradations
within a level are important considerations...

dmb says:
Right. The morality of vegetarianism is really just about eating as far down
the food chain as possible. There is no such thing as non-biological food,
but we can make choices from within that level. I suppose that cannibalism
is taboo precisely because people are almost always more than biological.

Still, I would very much like to have Kate Beckinsale for lunch. To hell
with the taboo.

Thanks,
dmb