[MD] Quantum Physics

PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com PhaedrusWolff at carolina.rr.com
Mon Dec 11 16:36:27 PST 2006

> Wikipedia paints a pretty disturbing picture of old Osho - if
> accurate he's
> clearly not a role model, kids.  Had I known about this dirty
> deity, I would not have
> posted the quote.  Sorry Chin!  I better go find something by the
> nearly impeccable
> Krishnamurti along the same lines...

Hi SA,

That’s OK. I don’t guess you are old enough to remember all this from
the 60s and 70s, and I believe it is still going on now. It was a
period when everyone was questioning everything. This made it easy for
the gurus to come to America and bilk folks out of their money.
Transcendental meditation was the biggest thing going, and cult
leaders were selling Zen Bhuddism. You could get all the enlightenment
you could ever ask for by giving up your worldly possessions to the
leaders of these cults. The Beatles popularized it, but they weren’t
the only celebrities which fell in for this. The cult leaders made out
like bandits, and I imagine they still are. Though I don’t keep up
with celebrity gossip, I do remember hearing of celebrities recently,
the most recent maybe being Britney Spears(?) who hire their own
gurus.

The 60s and 70s was a wild time, and I think this shows the dangers of
Dynamic Quality just for the sake of looking for something in your
life to make sense of the madness. Then again, Timothy Leery managed
to screw up the heads of the youth giving the LSD away free. From what
I remember, he really believed he was doing society a favor.

I’ll stop and just say you’d had to have been there.

Chin