[MD] Dawkins a Materialist

Case Case at iSpots.com
Tue Dec 12 09:39:39 PST 2006

Could you define materialism?
Case

-----Original Message-----
From: moq_discuss-bounces at moqtalk.org
[mailto:moq_discuss-bounces at moqtalk.org] On Behalf Of ian glendinning
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:32 PM
To: moq_discuss at moqtalk.org
Subject: [MD] Dawkins a Materialist

Hi folks,

This news story on a $27m Museum of Creation in "Middle America"
(Kentucky) perhaps shows the ludicrous excess of faith-based world
views. Frightening that visitors might actually value this kind of
misinformation.

The telling issue for me though is the quote from the organisation,
justifying literal belief in Genesis, as just as valid an "a priori"
assumption as Dawkins belief in materialism.

I'd have to say I agree. Thank god it's not a matter of choice between
the two for MoQ'ers. Literal materialism is as dead as literal gods.
Neither a priori assumption is valid.

Ian
moq_discuss mailing list
Listinfo, Unsubscribing etc.