[MD] The MOQ's First Principle

ian glendinning psybertron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 07:59:35 PST 2006

DMB, and DM,

Ah yes, that recurring old
social <-> intellectual
vs
collective <-> individual
confusion.

All I can say is this is why I keep saying debating better
understanding of the social & intellectual levels is never wasted.

DMB you said
The point is simply that bodies and social institutions are always going to be
involved where ever there are humans. The distinction between third and
fourth level values is going to be discerned by the intellect.

I think you highlight really well why this is a source of confusion.
Do you believe you have indicated how the social v intellectual layers
can be best understood, or whether it is in fact the best (most
pragmatic / useful) way to characterise these "cultural" layers ? As
you know I have my doubts, but I'm genuinely open to constructive
suggestions.

Ian