[MD] Dawkins a Materialist

ian glendinning psybertron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:16:17 PST 2006

Hi DM,

You said ... "the man/woman in the street may have no idea [that
materialism has had it] and the analytical philosophical community,
deeply secular, and desperate to use science as a shield against
religion, also don't seem to have caught on that science is less and
less materialistic in a recognisably reductionist, deterministic and
mechanical form."

And you concluded "... MOQ addresses these problems, the inadequacy of
the enlightenment-science conception very well."

Well put, so much better than my drivel. The [dishonest] use of
science as a shield against religion - must remember that.

I alos came across Husserl some years ago, in a quite different
context, and though I've not read him yet, I suspected his thinking
lined up pretty well. Another one added to the list.

Regards
Ian