[MD] Kant's Motorcycle

Jos Laycock jos5 at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 00:33:03 PST 2006

May I interject...

Laramie:
"the way you respond [to Value] is determined by
>the complexity of your understanding."

Couldn't agree more if I understand you right, maybe what follows is at
least loosely compatible.

If "you" is replaced by "one" or "it" and refers in all cases to any static
pattern of value, then the way "you" respond to value (DQ) does vary
dependent upon complexity of the understanding that is "you".
If the compexity of the understranding is the same as the complexity of the
pattern then that complexity neatly maps onto an evolutionary scale.  The
response of a simple understanding (like a rusty nail) is just
"interraction", whereas the response of a complex understanding like a man
is what we know as perception.

As I see it, any pattern of existence includes the observer and the observed
- untill "you" look at something the pattern that is both, doesn't exist
yet. The act of percieving (valuing) actualises the thing. "In it's self"
it's something else.
If the idea that varoius species of responses are present in any pattern no
matter how simple it (s understanding) is gets around this as the
actualisation from DQ (or possibly essence) of the observed by the observer
happens when any pattern meets another and isn't relient on complex patterns
having to actualise everything.

Jos