[MD] Food for Thought

Dan Glover daneglover at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 09:01:05 PST 2006

Hello everyone

>From: "david buchanan" <dmbuchanan at hotmail.com>
>To: moq_discuss at moqtalk.org
>Subject: Re: [MD] Food for Thought
>Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:27:11 -0700
>
>Dan Glover said:
>Some time ago an article appeared at NationalGeographic.com concerning a
>mother gorilla, who during the course of her pregnancy suddenly developed a
>rather nasty habit of kidnapping other gorilla babies from their gorilla
>mothers, bashing their little gorilla heads against a rock, and eating the
>baby gorilla brains as they dribbled out. ...The researcher who noted this
>aberrant behavior also wrote (almost as an after thought) that the boy
>gorilla she bore grew to be the most intelligent (by far) member of the
>group, and a natural leader.
>
>dmb says:
>Ahhh. That makes sense. My mother employed the same method when she was
>pregnant with me. Thanks to you, I now have an answer to the question that
>has haunted me all my life; why are these gorrillas always following me
>around?

Hey, glad to help. As I said, I've heard that the "bash a baby and eat the
brains" style of gorilla child rearing was in vogue some time ago and I'm
pleased to finally have that confirmed. I bet it's been tough growing up
gorilla in a human world, huh? When did you realize you were different?
Shaving's got to be a bitch.