[MD] On Balance: Dewey, Pirsig and Granger

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 07:45:18 PST 2006

     [Mark]
> The advantage of leaving DQ out of it is one may use
> existing language  to
> talk about moving in and out of coherence. The best
> is full coherence while
> less than this is a shift away from coherence. A
> whole ontology becomes
> available which may replace talk of the Dynamic. I
> call this secondary moq  ontology.

     And yet, coherence needs bottomless, empty, no
boundaries:  as in no-self.  Or else your stuck upon
coherence, or something static to only provide
perspective.  How might I think and not think, which
does happen?  Coherently put that together without
mentioning mu, dynamic quality, etc...  Maybe it is
possible, and I'm not understanding what your saying.

     [Mark]
> Personally, talk of the Dynamic worries me because
> any old shit can be
> called Dynamic.

     How can any old shit be dynamic, when dynamic is
nothing?

     [Mark]
> However, if one looks for coherence then something
> more verifiable in  static
> language becomes possible.  Even language itself can
> be described in terms  of
> coherence; a good rhetorical piece displays
> coherence - all the great orators
>  display coherence - a good scientific postulate
> displays coherence. A good
> metaphysics too, and a good biosphere. Maybe a
> social organisation can be
> coherent.

    Coherence has its' place, true.

     [Mark]
> The relationship between coherence and DQ becomes
> one of the coherent being
> more Dynamic.
> 1. The static doesn't respond to DQ much.
> 2. The chaotic responds too much to DQ.
> 3. Coherence is best, and as such is able to respond
> to DQ in a smooth  flow.

     So, you haven't left dq out, hmm, not coherent,
it seems, your choice of any old shit dq, yet,
coherent relating with dq, has coherence being more
dynamic.  Please clarify.

     [Mark to Arlo]
> Please don't stop thinking the way you do because
> you may have a better idea

     Interesting, I guess I've probably said this
before to somebody, anyways...

the trees further off shimmer,
SA