[MD] Social Imposition ?

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 09:13:38 PST 2006

Hi Marsha, Mark, Ian, and others  (comments below)

     [Mark]
> > >Proportion is a  rational (intellectual) concept.
> > >Rationality is founded upon  truth.
> > >Truth is a species of the Good.
> > >The Good cannot be  encapsulated by that which is
> less than itself.
> > >Quality is a synonym of  the Good.
> > >The above question assumes Qualify may be
> described in  intellectual
> >patterns.
> > >Quality cannot be described as  intellectual
> patterns.

     [Marsha]
> >The Good is an  interesting concept.  I understand
> the Good within the
> >MOQ as the  value necessary for something's
> existence.  Does that
> >sound correct  to you?

     [Mark]
> >Not only does this sound good but you have exactly
> described the approach i
> >hoped to use for PhD research.
> >How's that?

     [Marsha]
> Sounds like a great topic.   It took me a very long
> time to really get it.

     Mark, wouldn't the good, to be understood (an
intellectual activity), be thus, intellectualized.  I
read these posts, then kept on reading the other posts
in this thread.  I believe Ian brings up this point I
have, as well.
     Intellectual level involves ideas.  Ideas can be
found helping social level, but those ideas are
intellectual.  Even cro-magnon people thought, and
thus, intellectualized upon an intellectual level.
People before and outside of ancient Greece thought.
What the MoQ is introducing is a kind of idea, an idea
involving dynamic quality and static quality.  Social,
biological, inorganic, and chaotic levels are ideas,
sure, but once ideas, they are being manipulated upon
the intellectual level.  Yet, social, biological,
inorganic, and chaotic levels, though
intellectualized, are levels unto themselves outside
of intellect.  Pirsig gets around this outside-inside
stuff and notices all these levels are static quality.
 Then we've got this dynamic quality, too.  And put
altogether this is all quality.

one blanket of a cloud,
SA