[MD] Social Imposition ?

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 18:09:18 PST 2006

Platt and everybody,

     [Platt]
> Your description of evolution and Pirsig's are at
> odds. I'll go with Pirsig's.

     Ok, fine, you choose Pirsig's use of evolution
here.  I'm not denying this topic.  Yet, I am
wondering.  Since this thread is trying to clear-up
intellectual and social levels, but Pirsig couldn't do
it.  Pirsig tried to outline differences, but for some
reason theses differences have not been clarified
enough for anybody, thus far, to notice distinctions.
Some have stated a problem exists.  Others have gone
their own way, and the debate still goes on.  I know
you use individual v. collective, and I don't want to
debate this.  What I do want your opinion on is, since
Pirsig left the MoQ with the ability to be creative or
in other words, creativity is involved in the MoQ,
then doesn't this mean we are to clarify some aspects
of the MoQ ourselves?  In other words, the MoQ is not
dead, but alive.  So, on some topics we are to go out
on a limb, be creative, and at times provide input
that may or may not catch on.  Therefore we are
involved in the process, as well as, we are involved
in understand and making this process all at the same
time.  Would you agree?  Thus, would we at times
clarify Pirsig himself, right?  Is this also why
individual v. collective is debated, thoughts and
beliefs, thought v. sharing, etc, etc.

thanks.

night is cold, very cold, smells like snow,
SA