[MD] Social Imposition ?

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Tue Dec 19 06:45:52 PST 2006

[Arlo had said]
Individual biological patterns emerge from the collective activity of individual
inorganic patterns.
Individual social patterns emerge from the collective activity of individual
biological patterns.
Individual intellectual patterns emerge from the collective activity of
individual social patterns.
And the entire process results from DQ [Case's wording used]

[Platt]
Not surprised you like Arlo's pseudo-scientific explanation of the levels.

[Arlo]
I'm still waiting for you to give me an pattern in the MOQ that is not the
result of this process, or its inverse:

An individual biological pattern can not orginate from an individual inorganic
pattern.
An individual social pattern can not originate from an individual biological
pattern.
An individual intellectual pattern can not originate from an individual social
pattern.
Patterns "dynamically invent" through collective activity, from which upper
levels emerge.