[MD] Food for Thought

David M davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 12:13:08 PST 2006

Hi DMB & Arlo

This is an interesting discussion. There are useful
suggestions here about the distinction but I suggest a danger
too. If we talk about an intellectual level that is abstract and
conceptual and symbolic are we not in danger of just seeing
SOM as the intellectual level (sure I've heard that somewhere
before, was it Bo?) Somehow we must also be able to see the 4th level
in the context of valued-experience, so in some sense as
not abstracted into SOM objectifications. At heart the question here
is how can MOQ re-write the story of the Enlightnement.
How do we keep our intellectual SQ patterns firmly rooted
in the context of our value based experience?

David M