[MD] Social Imposition ?

Arlo Bensinger ajb102 at psu.edu
Tue Dec 19 12:21:38 PST 2006

[Arlo had asked]
Explain to me how cells "invent" a body.

[Platt attempts a deflection]
Read Chapter 11 of LILA.

[Arlo]
No, I HAVE read Chapter 11 of Lila, Platt, and I see no difference
between "dynamical invention" and "emergence".

When he says cells "dynamically invent" a body, and we see that the
body emerges from the collective activity of cells, not from the
lone, divine actions of any one cell, I see the exact process I've
been describing. When Pirsig says "animals Dynamically invented
societies", and we see that societies originate out of the collective
activity of animals, not from any one lone animal, I see the exact
process I've been describing.

Can YOU explain to me how it is any different, since you are so
adamant that it is? I know you can't, because there isn't, so this is
really just an exercise in futility.