[MD] Social Imposition ?

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Tue Dec 19 17:56:16 PST 2006

[Arlo had asked Platt]
Can YOU explain to me how [emergence and dynamic invention] is any different

[Arlo then]
The question is, why do you deny it?

[Platt]
Because I believe there's a big difference between unexplained magical emergence
(oops)and something new invented by a person's response to DQ.

[Arlo]
You had given as contradiction to "emergence" this.

"The cells Dynamically invented animals to preserve and improve their
situation."

Explain to me, using this as your example, how "dynamical invention" differs
from "emergence".

[Platt]
So instead of answering a question with a question, why do you pursue it?

[Captain Arlohab speaketh of the White Whale Moby Platt]
"The white whale tasks me; he heaps me. ... I'll follow him around the Horn, and
around the Norway maelstrom, and around perdition's flames before I give him
up."