[MD] Social Imposition ?

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Wed Dec 20 06:29:52 PST 2006

[Arlo]
Interestingly, there is enormous evidence to suggest that certain "advances"
were achieved at more-or-less simultaneuous times across the planet. Case
mentions writing. A personal interest of mine is megalithic construction.

[Case]
Allowing for a pretty big span of 'more or less,' how would you account for
this? The megaliths I mean? They seem to have been for astronomical
observations but why not sooner or more spread out in time?

[Arlo]
Well, a time span encapsulating a few thousand years may seem enormous, but in
the total scale of human evolution it is pretty miraculous that dispersed
peoples stayed this close regarding certain evolutionary achievements. How do
_I_ account for it? I can't. There is something like Chin's "Universal Mind".
There remains some possibility that these constructions were the result of some
diaspora long, long ago. Perhaps these cultures shared a pre-SOMist intellect
that let them "see" activity and possibility that seems "miraculous" to us?
Perhaps alien intervention?? Of course, all this is speculation. The best
archeaologic and scientific minds on the planet can't seem to come to grips
with even one site, such as Sacsayhuaman, let alone come up with a "theory". Of
all the dialogue, I personally find Graham Hancock's the most intriguing.