[MD] Social Imposition ?

Case Case at iSpots.com
Thu Dec 21 12:47:38 PST 2006

> [Platt}
> Either way, just a lucky accident, hardly an explanation of any value,
like
> the scientific explanation for the Big Bang -- "Well, it just sort of
> happened."
>
> [Case]
> Do you have a better suggestion?

[Platt]
Is this the scientific answer to the unexplained?

[Case]
In this instance physics offers up a consistent explanation of pretty much
everything that happen after the smallest possible unit measurement of time.
It then says that there was nothing, no time before that. Anything else
would be pure speculation. Things like string theory and multiverses are
offered up but treated as just what they are; interesting but untestable. So
yes, "I don't know" would be a pretty honest answer. What more would you
like? Or would you prefer to just skip the math and jump right into the
speculation?