[MD] Food for Thought

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Thu Dec 21 14:45:30 PST 2006

[Dan]
I have on my bookshelves over a dozen books claiming the Pyramids were anything
from ... So I prefer to go along with the predominately held belief that the
Pyramids were tombs. But I could be wrong.

[Arlo]
Someday we might know. But again, maybe not.

[Dan]
According to research, the "city" was abandoned about the time of the
Conquistadors but it was never discovered by them. Otherwise it would most
certainly have been looted.

[Arlo]
I may be confusing my archeaological sites, without going through my library I
am only going on memory.

[Dan]
It seems obvious that the builders of many of the Pyramids had a great deal of
intellectual knowledge but theirs wasn't an intellectual culture. Otherwise,
wouldn't they have left us some written records of how they did what they did?

[Arlo]
The question I wonder is, if it was lost so quickly, how did they manage to
build up to that level in the first place... without having it written down, I
mean.

Thanks for the link as well. Cool stuff too. :-)