[MD] Social Imposition ?

pholden at davtv.com pholden at davtv.com
Thu Dec 21 17:17:06 PST 2006

Quoting David M <davidint at blueyonder.co.uk>:

> Platt
>
> But these are not simply individual they are in common,
> like the fact we have both read Pirsig, so we can talk
> of a common culture that we all share different bits of.

Yes, but David surely you can see that each of us individually interprets
what we have read. That's what this whole site is about, exchanging our
individual interpretations of our individual experiences from reading Pirsig's
work. A group, a team, a society is an abstract concept. Collectivists like
to make us all the same so they can control us, like sheep. But even Bessie
the sheep is different from Betty the sheep, and the even names of those two
sheep are not the sheep themselves. It's a long way from what is "common"
to what is "actual."