[MD] Dawkins a Materialist

ian glendinning psybertron at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 04:41:57 PST 2006

Case, DMB et al, I too have tried and failed to like Rorty, but ..

Was the word "just" actually in the quote you made, or just in your
own paraphrase ?

I too would say science is one amongst many belief systems. But I
wouldn't add any pejorative addjectives. Science, whilst limited, has
proven to be a much better belief system than any form of blind faith
in authority. (Trouble is we find "faith" in something mysterious at
the limits to most forms of rationale, even those that embrace
contingency.)

Ian