[MD] Food for Thought

Ham Priday hampday1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 29 14:06:43 PST 2006

Hi David --

Ham:
> The difference between existence and Essence is that
> experience is process, difference, and relation, whereas
> Essence is constant, undivided, and absolute in itself.
> Precepts like "before", "after", "beginning", and "all of
> a sudden" have meaning only in the context of existential
> experience.

DM:
> Does that mean that the egg I just dropped was unavoidable and
> already known in eternity?

It means that the egg is a construct of your intellect, as is your identity,
and that, insofar as Essence is concerned, history is a fait accompli.  Like
any other object in this world, a person is a finite entity with no
essential reality apart from the value with which he or she identifies.

Happy New Year.

Ham