[MD] The Edge 2006 Annual Question

Scott Roberts jse885 at localnet.com
Sat Jan 7 19:17:07 PST 2006

Mike,

Mike said:

In other words, the MOQ is where the 4th level admits its own
inadequacy, and even creates a structure of thought to demonstrate its
own inadequacy - in the same way as society admitted its own
inadequacy by relaxing its powers of coercion to allow individual
liberty - which we now can recognise was done in the service of DQ.

Scott:
Seems to me that understanding that intellect can't describe/explain
everything has been pretty much understood since ancient times (a rare
exception would be extreme postivists who hold that what the intellect
cannot understand doesn't exist, or at least can be ignored). And there has
always been a structure involved, e.g., God/Man/Nature. Further, the MOQ
does not demonstrate the inadequacy of intellect, just says there is this DQ
that is undefinable, just as Christianity has said there is this God that is
undefinable.

- Scott