[MD] Case's Answer to Marsha

Heather Perella spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 03:48:51 PST 2006

Case,

     [Case]
> Chinese metaphysics did not appeal to the
> supernatural or the abstract. It
> saw right from the start that it was all just shit
> happening. To figure out
> what it was and what it meant they focused on what
> was manifest and patterns
> in the actual.

     I noticed, so far, that your (1) stating that
patterns accumalated and then we eventually had
agriculture and calendars, etc... but this jump from
Paleolithic (hunters and gathers) to Neolithic
(agarian) was an accumaltion of patterns, but just
making sure this isn't just because evolution says (a)
now that we have agriculture (b) we can say humans
have been on track from the beginning to gain
agriculture.  Not so, due to the hunter and gathers
still around.
     As (2) hunters and gathers the world over, I
don't have all the tallies, but they didn't believe in
the supernatural, abstract either.  This is why
shamans and Zen monks have been correlated at times.
Hunters and gathers said bears talked, but this was no
supernatural abstract bear - this was the real bear
walking in the woods.
     Just thought I'd add.

SA