[MD] Reading & Comprehension

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Sat May 1 00:35:47 PDT 2010

Ron and Andre

30 Apr.

I had said :
> What does SOM and Aret? translate into in a MOQ context? What is this
> in a MOQ retrospect?

Andre:
> This, in an MOQ context means simply that SOM was one hell of a
> pattern of intellectual value and that arete was the Quality that the
> Sophists taught ....

This is much like DMB's tactics of not addressing the issue. If SOM
was ONE intellectual patter then Aretê  was another intellectual pattern
pressed under inside the 4th. level. No, the obvious MOQ explanation
is that SOM was the intellectual LEVEL emerging as an instable social
pattern "..taking off on a purpose of its own". this is after all the MOQ
tenet of how all levels emerge from their parent.

.....  Quality, excellence, dharma, the idea of which was
> subsequently demoted, inadvertently 'encapsulated' by Plato and
> cemented in as such by Aristotle.

The Aretê that ZAMM gives examples of in the demi-gods of Homer's
"Iliad" were from at least a thousand years before the Sophists and
their courage, duty, honor, pride... etc.  are all solid social goods.
While Protagoras' "man the measure" is easily recognized as (what
came to the be) the SUBJECTIVE credo. And yes, Plato & Co
definitely encapsuled the dynamic (renegade) social pattern into a new
static form that proved to be the enormous intellectual level.

Ron:
> Just an aside, I have to make comment on the notion that Plato and
> Aristotle are in some way responsible for SOM, they are not.

You are ... (censored)  when you start on the "learned Mr. Kulp"
course.

> Plato exposed the good as relative and contextual

Nonsense, after Socrates had coined the first recognizable SOM
"truth/illusion" distinction Plato went on to deem IDEAS  the true part
while sense impressions were the illusory ones.

> Aristotle that truth is the highest good and that truth  lie in the
> power of explaination and that philosophy, the practice of the love of
> wisdom, concern itself with first principles of understanding
> experience.

More nonsense, Aristotle carried the proto-som to the SUBSTANCE
as the true part while FORMS where the shifting illusory one stage
And ZAMM says that here the modern scientific root is revealed.

> SOM may be traced from the Pathagoreans neo Pathagoreans
> and the neo Platonists they encapsulated the good and truth, made them
> static absolute and universal.

Patha ... is that what us mortals know as Pythagoreans? Yes, they
surely were part of the SOM process

Bodvar