[MD] Buddhism's s/o

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Sat May 1 11:59:15 PDT 2010

Hi Mary,

It didn't dawn on me right away either.  Certainly I knew Nagarjuna was
definitely using logic in his MMK.  I read of the two-truths debate between
Tsongkhapa and Gorampa which contains argument with refutation and
refutation of refutation of refutation, all logically presented.   Even the four
noble truths are to be logically understood.   I knew from meditation that
one is observing/noting thoughts come and go,  but it was only a few weeks
ago it started to clicked together.  The other day a book falls into my possession
that spells it out so plainly that I'd have to be deaf and blind not to see it clearly.
Ka-chink!  It seems so obvious now, it is hard to understand why I didn't see it.
Cultural blindness just as you suggested.  It took me a very, very long time.
Embarrassing really.  But better late than never,even if its the tip of the iceberg.

Marsha