[MD] Buddhism's s/o

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Sun May 2 06:35:15 PDT 2010

Platt to Andre:

Can you give us some examples of "spiritual rationality?" Sounds
suspiciously like theology. But, of course, your adamant denial of
anything approaching theism precludes that avenue.

Andre:
Hi Platt, I think you are a little unfair and unreasonable now. The phrase 'spiritual rationality' comes from Pirsig. By this I think he indicated that we, as inorganic,organic, social and intellectual patterns of value should attune ourselves and stay open to the code of art...and remain on our wits (pardon the expression). It includes our incorporating of 'religious' i.e direct experience, so called 'spiritual' insights and understandings.

Come on Platt, I have only criticized (strongly I admit)religion, the static representation of... and, more specifically, the confusion of religious rituals as being the rituals being the experience itself and not that to which they point/ reveal.

Phaedrus asking about the wafer... you mean symbolically? No it really IS the body of Christ.

The MOQ accepts religious experience, and by that it means dynamic experience... not the static representations of it. This is confusing DQ with SQ.

Platt:

While you're at it, could you explain what "spirit" means in your world?

Andre:
I think that Pirsig meant the 'intuitive', the aesthetic, the undivided aesthetic experience needing its fullest expression in static patterns of value.

Platt:
P.S. Of course, no one here is obligated to answer anyone's questions.
We're not in school, much to the frustration of some who think of
themselves as authority figures.

Andre:
You are right Platt. No one needs to answer anyone. And we are not in school. We are here on a discuss forum... I would have hoped to perhaps learn from one another and build on each others insights and understandings. If you, however, want to post posts without expecting a response (like Marsha) why bother in the first place? Indeed, stay home, stay in you room, stay in bed, wish yourself unborn, a-social, un-human...a lonely, isolated island. Send the posts to yourself. Objectify your responses to yourself...learn something for yourself, keep yourself intact, keep your static patterns going...do what is reasonable and expected. Objectify yourself.