[MD] Reading & Comprehension

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Sun May 2 09:32:08 PDT 2010

Mary, All.

> Hello Bo, Marsha, Platt, DMB, Horse, Andre, Steve, ...

> I've only now caught up with all the posts made in this thread in the
> past week.  They are equivalent to the arguments you can hear between
> Christian Fundamentalists and their counterparts.  I Googled for
> "opposite of fundamentalist" to find an appropriate word and only came
> up with something like "liberal Christian".

> On one side are arrayed the forces of DMB, Horse, Andre, Steve and
> others who are the equivalent of MoQ Fundamentalists.  Every word of
> Pirsig's writings are to be taken as literally true, without metaphor
> or interpretation.  The MoQ Earth was created in 7 24-hour days, and
> on the last day was created the Intellectual Level where all thinking
> resides.  On the other side are arrayed the forces of Bo, Marsha,
> myself, and Platt, who take a more, dare I say, liberal
> interpretation.

> Horse says there was no thinking prior to the Social Level, and quotes
> Pirsig to prove it.  Since each level emerges in an evolutionary
> manner from the one below, I would like to know where the Social level
> came from if there was no thinking to think it up in the Biological?

It would deplete my reserve of positive adjectives (superlatives) to
comment each paragraph of this message, but it was wonderful. The
fundamentalists can't use the same tactics against you as against this
guy - of not mastering English, of being harder-than-diamond-headed
and/or simply talk about something else ... this far at least ... I wish
however that you would post more regularly, but I know you have other
things to do.

Bodvar