[MD] indefensible yet enlightening

Ian Glendinning ian.glendinning at gmail.com
Mon May 3 02:51:12 PDT 2010

Hi Mary,

Getting old means often being lost for words, especially names for
people and things (even concepts), and fortunately I find is doesn't
seem to inhibit thinking, or even in some contexts dialogue.

Still not sure that all symbolic thinking has to be in pictures, but
there are all kinds of mental tokens. Often a substitute word, (by
association) means it is even possible to have a conversation (with
someone you know well), not just lost for words, but positively using
the wrong words. "You know what I mean ?" Stopping to find the right
word slows down the conversation, so better to press on with the wrong
word.

Ian