[MD] Ham's theory of Truth

Ham Priday hampday1 at verizon.net
Wed May 5 22:28:48 PDT 2010

On May 5, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Marsha wrote:

> Hello Ham,
>
> To get back to truth, your definition of truth is not based on
> a state of permanence and not based on a measurement of time,
> so on what is your definition of truth based?  You say truth
> equates to reality, but if all is truth how is it recognized?

My definition of Truth (with a cap 'T') is the same as RMP's definition of
DQ, as I understand it to be his "primary Reality".  "Patterns", on the
other hand, are secondary manifestations or appearances of Quality as
experienced by human beings.   It is my view that only by being presented
with a diversity of "impermanent" phenonema representing Truth can man be a
free agent of Value.  Relative truths, like "quality patterns", point to the
primary Reality, causing us to realize the Value of something greater than
our S/O world, although that "something" is absolute and therefore beyond
human experience.

I know you dislike biblical quotes, but the apostle Paul's instruction to
the Corinthians  contains a very insightful statement that bears on this
valuistic concept:

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to
face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully
known."    --[1 Corinthians 13:1]

Subjective experience consists of "knowing in parts", and our reality is
intellectually compartmentalized into concrete pattterns, objects, phyla,
species, epochs, processes and hierarchies that define the order of
existence.

What I'm saying is that Ultimate Reality (which I call Essence) is
undivided, whereas experience is differentiated and relational.  Thus, in
the process of experience we come to recognize, value and know certain
aspects Essence that, intuitively, can lead us to the realization of a
greater reality.  The dimensions of time and space that subtend existential
reality and the fact that the universe is intelligently designed are
additional aspects of Essence (cosmic truths) that lead to this realization.

Does this analysis add any enlightenment to my Truth theory?

Best regards,
Ham