[MD] e: Reading & Comprehension

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Thu May 6 08:30:04 PDT 2010

Arlo to Andre:

But then my own psychology says intellect is worth saving, there is a
great value in it, and I think Pirsig's placement of it as the
highest moral order shows he feels similarly. The MOQ is not a "burn
down the universities" philosophy, it is a "reclaim the universities"
philosophy. It does not condemn "science", it saves it. It does not
dismiss rationality, but it expands its power. As DMB pointed out,
the goal of the MOQ is beautiful science and intelligent art. The SOL
view offers us neither.

Andre:
Needless to say Arlo, I completely concur (as with Khoo Hock Aun) Well said, and it is time that we move on from this.

Kind regards