[MD] Reading & Comprehension

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Sun May 9 00:44:12 PDT 2010

Bodvar to Andre:

"All trouble" is the ten plus year's quibbling over the intellectual level
and it is not me creating it...'

Well, "intellectual" is the rational attitude, knowing objective from subjective
and THAT ought to be the 4th level's definition.

The correct definition would (in
this context) have been that INTELLECT IS THE VALUE OF THE
CONCRETE/ ABSTRACT  DISTINCTION.

Andre:
Thing is Bodvar that you are the one who has been 'quibbling' over this over the past decade or so.

Mr.Pirsig, the creator of the MOQ states that it is the 'manipulation of symbols' that stand for experience. (PT letter). Intellect is simply 'thinking' and one can think without involving the subject-object relationship.(LC,p 289). At the intellectual level we experience in the 'abstract' thinking way, in the same way that at the social level we experience 'socially', at the organic level 'organically and at the inorganic level 'inorganically'.And all levels/forms of experience are as real as they come.

This is a view you do not accept because it contradicts your interpretation of the MOQ's. We are here to discuss the MOQ's version and not the MOQ according to Bodvar (which has been criticized by Mr. Pirsig)...despite your non-acceptance of this.

Bodvar:
But when it comes to the the explanations of how the SOM-generated
platypuses are resolved by the MOQ I would re-arrange it along the
SOL lines because that is how they ARE resolved, not the complicated
Inorganic+organic=objective/ social+intellect=subjective model.

Andre:
Seems to me you're intellectual level is still stuck in the Lockean/Cartesian framework. What is so complicated about the MOQ 'model' you are referring to? We are talking values here, not subjects and objects.

Bodvar:
Hope we will come to discuss some of this some time while I'm
still around.

Andre:
Hope you are not planning on going somewhere permanently Bodvar?!