[MD] Pirsig's theory of truth

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sun May 9 10:49:00 PDT 2010

Well Unkle Bo,

This one point you keep making is probably the chiefest of my disagreement
with you:

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 12:14 PM, <skutvik at online.no> wrote:

> Well,  Mary did write about SOM, but if Truth is the highest intellectual
> explanation OF ANY GIVEN TIME is dubious. When Stone Age
> humankind "explained" the heavenly lights as god and goddesses and
> it was hardly an "intellectual explanation" because that level had not
> been reached yet.

Mere intelligence of your "Stoned Age" wouldn't need to bother with any
mythical explanation of thunder.  All they'd need is the smarts to come in
out of the rain.

The desire to objectify reality in comprehensible terms is the human
intellectual impulse, whether you're talking Norse mythologies or Big Bang,
it's all intellect coping with reality, Bo.

May Odin bring you wisdom that you resist the whisperings of Loki,

John