[MD] Reading & Comprehension

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Mon May 10 05:57:56 PDT 2010

Hi Arlo
I can't let go of this you input of  23 Apr. where you wrote

> It would be interesting to perform a find/replace of "Quality" with
> "reality" in ZMM/LILA and see if there are any places where such a
> substitution makes no sense, but I don't have my e-versions on this
> computer.

If you want an e-version of ZAMM I can send it over? Anyway,
disregarding it's me the recently appointed BOgey who ask,  what was
your reasoning or point. Or was it someone else who brought up the
issue?

> For example, though, in this quote you provided. Quality is the
> primary empirical reality"of the world. We would get: Reality is the
> primary empirical reality of the world. Since "the world" is also
> contained by "reality", this would lead to: Reality is the primary
> empirical reality of reality.

Who was it that "provided a quote? Still, I agree with your conclusion if
"Quality is Reality" then "reality is the primary empirical reality of
reality".   My point is that there was no metaphysics before the MOQ
that said "Reality is NOT Quality"! It was only SOM that said that
qualities, values, morals, good, belong to the subjective realm
meaning not reliable, just what one thinks, illusory, fleeting  ....etc.

Much obliged

Bodvar