[MD] The value of ritual

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Wed May 12 23:05:37 PDT 2010

Arlo

11 May.

[Bo] before
> IMO, the static rituals of ANY level was what made the DQ want to flee
> it and establish a new level.

[Arlo]
> It was stable patterns of value that ENABLED a new evolutionary level
> to appear. "DQ" does not "flee" a level .....

The following from LILA is about the intra biological evoution, but I get
it goes for the inter-level evolution as well.

     But after reading it Phaedrus wrote on one of his slips, 'It
    seems clear that no mechanistic pattern exists toward which
    life is heading, but has the question been taken up of whether
    life is heading away from mechanistic patterns?'

> .... the level's steady foundation is from where the emergence of any
> new level comes, and it is stable patterns of value (the ongoing
> response to DQ within any level) that continues to provide the
> foundation for higher level patterns to respond to DQ in their own way.

I have no problems with this either, the levels had to establish
themselves before a new dynamic "charge" could be made, yet the
anti-parent tendency is what sets the MOQ apart, thus the anti-social
aspect of intellect is what counts and makes it so difficult for you to
grasp the SOL  ....and the anti-SOM aspect of the MOQ.

[Bo]
> The intellect of the West cemented into SOM ...

> [Arlo]
> I thought your opinion is that all intellect is SOM. As such this
> statement makes no sense.

Intellect - the level - is the VALUE of the S/O distinction, but before the
Quality context was revealed through the MOQ its built-in tendency to
quell social value went amok, its S/O became existence's fundament,
hence SOM. In the East the Uphanishadic philosophical era did not
reach the SOM stage before some Quality-like development
transcended it and resulted in Buddhism.

Bodvar