[MD] e: Reading & Comprehension

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sun May 16 08:09:18 PDT 2010

Marsha,

Please consider the following dialogue carefully and reconsider the
formulation you posted.  Is Quality Static?

Copleston:

Is man merely a child of Nature?

Pirsig:

Yes. Quality is nature.

Copleston:

Or is there in him a spiritual principle which makes knowledge possible,
whether it be knowledge of Nature or moral knowledge?�

Pirsig:

The MOQ says there is no spiritual principle in man that makes knowledge
possible. Nature does the whole job.