[MD] Know-how - an aside

Platt Holden plattholden at gmail.com
Tue May 18 05:34:30 PDT 2010

All:

These quotes from ZAMM suggest that Quality is a strictly individual event,
solely dependent on an individual's life experiences. It's like breathing.
Everyone
knows what breathing is, but each individual has a different breathing
experience,
especially the experience of the first and last breaths.

Individual uniqueness is a dominant theme of the MOQ, demonstrated by the
author's attention to the differences that mark the personalities of
Phaedrus,
Rigel, Lila, Dusenberry, John Wooden Leg,  and other individuals whose
understanding  of Quality varies mightily. That such disparity
gives ammunition
to Pirsig's critics goes without saying.

Platt