[MD] Rorty, Pirsig and the Sophists

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Tue May 18 06:07:38 PDT 2010

DMB, All

16 May :

I had said:
> "Teaching quality" how exactly was that carried out? "To-day well have
> a dynamic math lesson without static rules and fixed numbers ..."
> There is only one way to teach quality and that is to teach the MOQ
> where intellect-as-SOM is the final stage before....

DMB answers by sending over three quarts of ZAMM starting here:

    "And that door leads to Sarah's office. Sarah! Now it comes
    down! She came trotting by with her watering pot between
    those two doors, going from the corridor to her office, and she
    said, ``I hope you are teaching Quality to your students.'' This
    in a la-de-da, singsong voice of a lady in her final year before
    retirement about to water her plants. That was the moment it
    all started ....."  snip-snap.

Listen. The MOQ began with RMP's frustration with the  view that
qualities don't belong to the objective world but merely are "what we
like" subjectively.  His quest resulted in an in-out turn where all there is
is quality and existence is the hierarchy of static fall-outs from a
dynamic totality.

Here we have a system that encompasses everything from the birth of
the universe to the end of it and from these premises the only possible
"teaching of Quality" is teaching OF THIS SYSTEM.. Anything  before
it would be teaching a specific static level's virtues.

Thus it was impossible for some group to "have taught Quality" around
300 BC. It was even impossible for them to have taught some
premature MOQ because it could only emerge from the last static
stage  and as the last stage is intellect and the MOQ is a revolt against
SOM, ipso facto: Intellect = SOM!

Bodvar

PS!
For anyone who read this and protest about Art and such, I just have
to be this simple to the penetrate the Buchanan armor.