[MD] Relativism

Steven Peterson peterson.steve at gmail.com
Tue May 18 06:38:22 PDT 2010

Hi Marsha,

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 8:04 PM, MarshaV <valkyr at att.net> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Can't you decide if genital mutilation, as a pattern or an actual
> event, is of high or low value?  Do you need an intellectually
> sanctioned theory to tell you?

Steve:
I think this is exactly the right sort of question, but I think you
are asking the wrong person. It is DMB who seems to think that Rorty
is dangerous for not having such an intellectual theory and for
doubting the possibility of ever having such a philosophical grounding
for saying whether ritual female genital mutilation is good or bad.

Best,
Steve