[MD] Know-how - an aside

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Tue May 18 14:13:23 PDT 2010

[Marsha]
Passive?  If you think changing perspective is easy, good for you.  How did it
happen for you?

[Arlo]
?? I meant that the relationship between individual/collective is not passive;
i.e. the community changes alongside the individual.

[Marsha]
Oh right, and that approach has been working soooo well in the West...

[Arlo]
I don't know how it can work any other way. I don't think I want to live in a
world where one person, or all people, can change the community at whim. But
this just the static/dynamic barrier on the social level. I think we may agree
that at times historically (now?) static filters become too cemented, but I
think we need them. Balance.

[Marsha]
Yea!!!

[Arlo]