[MD] Reading & Comprehension

Khoo Hock Aun khoohockaun at gmail.com
Sun May 23 00:27:18 PDT 2010

Hi David,

dmb says:
The intellect can produce any number of metaphysical systems. SOM and the
MOQ are two such systems and they can hang next to countless other painting,
as in the art gallery analogy. In that analogy, equating intellect with SOM
is like equating one of the paintings with the whole gallery in which it
hangs. It would be like equating Catholicism with the whole social level,
like saying lions are the biological level or equating gold with the whole
inorganic level. The scope and meaning of SOM is inflated wildly out of
proportion when it is equated with the intellect. It eliminates all of the
other elements, all of the other life forms, all of the other religions and
all of the other intellectual visions. It would eliminate all non-SOM
philosophies and that means eliminating the MOQ. When Pirsig said Bo's
theory undermines the MOQ, I think he was being a bit too euphemistic and
polite about.

Khoo:
This is about as strong a refutation of the SOL as the QI argument as I have
ever seen stated boldy and without reservation. There are 84,000 ways to
meditate. Take your pick.