[MD] john carl

Fam. Kintziger-Karaca kintziger_karaca at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 04:49:56 PDT 2010

Hi John Carl , Gang,"all"

Caught my eye because at our weekly lunch meeting today it was mentioned, by
Gaetane who speaks French natively, english as a second language and Polish
with some Russian,  that reading Tolstoy in Russian is a far cry from
reading the translations.

Man I wish I spoke Russian; a beautiful language.

However, what I'm really interested in these days is Faust.  Never read it,
never thought much about it except for a passage in ZAMM that caught my eyes
and rang my bell.  Pirsig talking to Chris, talking about pursuing ghosts
and failure.  For some reason it makes me goose pimply.  When I read it and
moreso today.

I live in the Dutch-flemisch speaking part of Belgium,so Dutch is my language.
it only differs from Flemisch , about like English-American English,no more.
there are three languages here in Belgium.French, Dutch,and German(small minority)

I can read however French , but slowly, just about what i need to follow tv-programs.
reading in german, no problem, its btw very related to Flemish.
It is not uncommon , here in Europe for people speaking multiple languages.

I like the second part of your posting a lot, Pirsig talking to Chris, even mentioning it, in this way
triggers my memory into the Novelle incorporated in zam, my mind is backviewing immediatly
to the pictures that can be found on Dr Gurr's website,depicting Chris in the tent , depicting the
motorcycle in the forest , the absolute beauty of all this.................one can almost smell the forest.
if you love the novelle, and the pictures are in your brain, well.....

my mind is always , so to speak , deviating back to the novelle, the insanity,the tension with Chris.

now for something completely different , I work at Honda Europe, in Ghent, parts warehouse.
I work there for 25 years now, i i want , i can get access to all of the parts needed for building
a nice shop-new cb77 305 motorcycle . all the parts do still exist today.

as i am moving fast towards my pensioning, +-5 years to go now, i think i need a nice challenge
a projection of Quality for my own, my children are now 22 and 24, still at home, but this will not stay so forever.
my dauchter is already launched in life , having a very nice job on the Ghent university,as a jobcoach.
This links to here desk  http://www.ugent.be/nl/people?ugentid=802000469373
my son is still at highscool.

so im in need for a nice challenge in the near future.....

liked your post
Regards , Adrie